Simple Tooth Extractions Near You
A simple tooth extraction removes a tooth that is visible in the mouth and easily accessible. Patients who experience chronic tooth sensitivity or are diagnosed with advanced periodontal disease will most likely require a simple tooth extraction. Generally, a simple tooth extraction can be performed at most dental practices, without requiring major surgery.
During a simple tooth extraction near you, the dentist will use a local anesthetic to numb the area. After the numbing, they will use instruments such as an elevator and dental forceps to loosen and grasp the tooth for an extraction.
When are Simple Tooth Extractions Required?
- The patient has advanced periodontal disease
- The patient has extra or primary teeth impending on adult teeth
- The patient is preparing to receive an orthodontic treatment
- The patient has a fractured tooth
- A patient has excessive tooth decay and cannot relieve it through root canal treatment
Wisdom Tooth Extractions in Livonia
When the patient does not have an adequate amount of room in their mouth, it prevents the wisdom teeth from completely emerging from the gums. This occurrence can cause the teeth to become impacted or stuck in an unideal position. An impacted tooth that is left untreated can potentially lead to infection, damage to the nearby teeth, and oral cysts or tumors.
Wisdom tooth extractions are more complex in nature and are typically performed in a dental hospital setting using a general anesthetic.
Are you interested in wisdom teeth extraction in Livonia, MI 48152? Contact our dental office today to schedule your appointment for wisdom teeth extraction near you. Our dentist would be happy to help you.
When are Wisdom Tooth Extractions Required?
- Damage to neighboring teeth: Impacted wisdom teeth can cause the second molars (the teeth directly in front of the wisdom teeth) to develop decay, periodontal disease, and bone loss.
- Disease: Although it is rare, the areas that surround the impacted wisdom teeth can develop cysts and tumors.
- Infection: Bacteria and food particles can become lodged under the gum tissue, causing infection.
- Tooth Crowding: The impacted teeth place pressure on the other teeth, causing crowding or twisting.
After Tooth Extractions in Livonia, MI 48152
The risk of further complications is unlikely, as long as the patient follows all of the post-surgery instructions provided by their dental professional. It is important for the patient to:
- Maintain continuous pressure on the gauze pad after surgery
- Keep the direction of the head facing upwards
- Clean the mouth and use a saltwater rinse
- Make use of ice packs to control facial swelling
- Eat soft foods and liquids